Hi Michael,

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jack...@bluequartz.net> wrote:
> I have seen this problem more than a few times and with a 45 minute build
> time for our project it is starting to get in the way. Our project is CMake
> based (I am using CMake 3.8 or 3.9 depending on the particular workstation
> that I am using at the time) and also uses Qt 5.9.1 64 bit. All the code is
> C++. What will happen is that I load the project, QtCreator properly
> configures for the build (Debug) and I build the project successfully. I quit
> QtCreator. Relaunch QtCreator and when I click Debug for our application
> QtCreator will pretty much rebuild the entire project. NOTHING changed
> between when I last built, quit QtCreator and relaunched QtCreator. I use
> ninja as the build tool.

When you open the project, then cmake will go through the
configure/generate steps again. Is that what you are referring to?
That is how cmake wants this to be handled, so there is nothing I can
do there.

Or does the actual build rebuild huge parts of the project? That could
be triggered by cmake configur/generate mentioned above: Do you create
some central header file or something from cmake? That would be a bug
that I'd need to file with upstream cmake:-/

Best Regards,
Tobias