This might be nice to make pretty charts to show to managers, but to be completely honest I think it is 100% useless.  If you don't know what people are using your software for, or how then you aren't communicating with them.  You know once upon a time companies just talked with people to figure out what they wanted and what they were having difficulties with.  Why not just take a few surveys a year?

On 02/22/2018 08:26 AM, Simon Hausmann wrote:

Can you provide a bit more information about how this plugin / frontend fits into the Qt project? Where is the collected data sent to and how is it accessible to the community?

(-1 from me, as I think this needs to be clarified)

*From:* Development <> on behalf of Tuukka Turunen <>
*Sent:* Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:14:14 PM
*To:* Tino Pyssysalo;; *Subject:* Re: [Development] [Qt-creator] Requesting repository for telemetry plugin in Qt Creator

+1 for creating the repo, but what about qt/qtanalytics as a name? This item could be useful also for other applications.

*From: *Qt-creator <> on behalf of Tino Pyssysalo <>
*Date: *Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 13.04
*To: *"" <>
*Subject: *[Qt-creator] Requesting repository for telemetry plugin in Qt Creator

Telemetry plugin (frontend) to collect usage data from Qt Creator to help improving Qt, Qt features, and Qt tools. Non-personal data items, such as duration the user spent in design mode, will be collected in a way, which is completely transparent to the user.
Responsible: Tino Pyssysalo
Repository: qt-creator/plugin-telemetry

Tino Pyssysalo

Senior Manager