I think memory leaks and different backends should be tested by Qt. Customers/Users are not your beta testers.

On 02/22/2018 08:42 AM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

22.02.2018, 16:39, "Ryein Goddard" <ryein.godd...@gmail.com>:
This might be nice to make pretty charts to show to managers, but to be
completely honest I think it is 100% useless.  If you don't know what people
are using your software for, or how then you aren't communicating with them.
You know once upon a time companies just talked with people to figure out what
they wanted and what they were having difficulties with.  Why not just take a
few surveys a year?
Well, there are things that are hard to report via survey, e.g. rate of crashes
or memory leaking in clangbackend

On 02/22/2018 08:26 AM, Simon Hausmann wrote:
Hi,

Can you provide a bit more information about how this plugin / frontend fits
into the Qt project? Where is the collected data sent to and how is it
accessible to the community?

(-1 from me, as I think this needs to be clarified)

Simon
From: Development <development-bounces+simon.hausmann=qt...@qt-project.org> on behalf
of Tuukka Turunen <tuukka.turu...@qt.io>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:14:14 PM
To: Tino Pyssysalo; qt-creator@qt-project.org; developm...@qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Development] [Qt-creator] Requesting repository for telemetry
plugin in Qt Creator

Hi,

+1 for creating the repo, but what about qt/qtanalytics as a name? This item
could be useful also for other applications.

Yours,

                              Tuukka

From: Qt-creator <qt-creator-bounces+tuukka.turunen=qt...@qt-project.org> on behalf
of Tino Pyssysalo <tino.pyssys...@qt.io>
Date: Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 13.04
To: "qt-creator@qt-project.org" <qt-creator@qt-project.org>
Subject: [Qt-creator] Requesting repository for telemetry plugin in Qt Creator

Telemetry plugin (frontend) to collect usage data from Qt Creator to help
improving Qt, Qt features, and Qt tools.

Non-personal data items, such as duration the user spent in design mode, will
be collected in a way, which is completely transparent to the user.

Responsible: Tino Pyssysalo

Repository: qt-creator/plugin-telemetry

---

Tino Pyssysalo