On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jack...@bluequartz.net> wrote:
> As part of our build we execute a few external programs that create output.
> It seems that QtCreator seems to think that these messages are errors even
> though they are not.

Creator uses classes derived from IOutputParser to decide what to list
in the issues tab.

> Is there a specific pattern that we can use in our output messages so that
> QtCreator can interpret them correctly?

Lot's of them:-) All nicely defined in lots of RegExps.

The actual patterns used do depend a lot on your project though:
Creator uses a list of IOutputParsers and feeds all stdout/stderr text
from the build process through the chain of parsers.

The actual parsers in the chain do depend on OS, build system used,
compiler selected, whether you use Qt or not and probably some more

> Sometime those programs actually _do_ error out and we want those errors to
> show up in QtCreator's error list.

You will need to add another outputparser to the chain then or extend
an existing parser to match the messages you want.

I am happy to add more patterns, provided they are generally
applicable of course and that somebody provides the necessary test
data (the actual error messages and whether those come from stdout or

Best Regards,