Am 08.03.2018 um 07:22 schrieb Eike Ziller:

>>Check if the qmake step in your build configuration includes “-spec win32-clang-msvc”. >>If not, then set “win32-clang-msvc” in the “Qt mkspec” >setting for your kit and try again.
>>I suppose Qt Creator might not do that automatically in your case.

is that "Qt mkspec" also working with Qbs?

>>Qt 5.6 doesn’t have a mkspec for clang-cl, so you need to either create
>>one yourself, copy one from somewhere else (they are usually not
>>self-contained though), or use a Qt version which has one.

so i think it would be better using Qt5.8 for the first tests and try to get back to 5.6 later

what about the C compiler detection problems?

(as i wrote) i've installed the current svn version of clang-cl from the LLVM homepage
and my QtCreator 4.4.1 detected this C++ compiler:

LLVM 64bit based on MSVC2015 | Clang
Initalization: ...\vcvarsall.bat amd64
LLVM: C:\Program Files\LLVM

but no C compiler

should i upgrade to QtCreator 4.5 or later, or is the missing C compiler
handler by the “win32-clang-msvc” spec?