Hi Sean,

I've got an odd hang with QtCreator when debugging my software.
Oh, as you are on Windows, that's the third platform that show clipboard-related strage effects.

We already have QTCREATORBUG-20262 and QTBUG-67729. Can you please check these?

Regards,
André

[1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-20262
[2] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-67729

I've got the following function where I'm trying to copy the data out of a
QTableView to the clipboard in a format that will allow the resulting data to
be pasted directly into an Excel spreadsheet. Here's the function:
void plotContainerWidget::slotCopyTableToClipboard()
{
     // select everything in table copy it to text string with
     // '\t' separating columns and '\n' separating rows
     if(mModel == 0)
     {
         return;
     }

     int rows = mModel->rowCount();
     int cols = mModel->columnCount();

     QString tableString;
     for(int i=0; i < cols; ++i)
     {
         tableString += mModel->headerData(i, Qt::Horizontal).toString();
         tableString += "\t";
     }
     tableString.chop(1); // remove extraneous tab
     tableString += "\n";

     for(int i=0; i < rows; ++i)
     {
         for(int j=0; j < cols; ++j)
         {
             tableString += mModel->data(mModel->index(i, j),
Qt::DisplayRole).toString();
             tableString += "\t";
         }
         tableString.chop(1); // remove extraneous tab
         tableString += "\n";
     }
     tableString.chop(1); // remove extraneous newline
     qDebug() << tableString;
     QClipboard* clippy = QApplication::clipboard();
     if (!clippy)
     {
         return;
     }
     clippy->setText(tableString); // *** QT CREATOR HANGS HERE ***
     qDebug() << "copied table to clipboard";
}

When I execute this chunk of code within the debugger, it hangs at that QClipboard::setText() line.
I first encountered it executing my code within the debugger, but without any breakpoints set.
During that session, Qt Creator hung, and I had to force quit. After re-launching QtCreator, I set
a breakpoint in this function and stepped through my code. The parsing is fine up until that line,
the string looks good, but then Qt Creator hangs when that line setText() is executed. So this
issue seems to happen whether I have any breakpoints set or not and interestingly this code does
NOT hang when I choose "Run" from within Qt Creator, only when I choose "Start
Debugging", even though that should still be executing the debug build of my application, just
not running inside the debugger.

Qt version 5.3.2 (yes, I know this is ancient...)
Qt Creator 4.5.2 (at least this isn't!)
Windows 7 64-bit

Any ideas?
Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) André Hartmann
Softwareentwicklung / Software Development

E-Mail: andre.hartm...@iseg-hv.de | Tel: +49 351 26996-43 | Fax: +49 351 26996-21

iseg Spezialelektronik GmbH - HIGH VOLTAGE. EXACTLY.
iseg-hv.de | iseg-hv.com | download.iseg-hv.com

Bautzner Landstr. 23, 01454 Radeberg / Rossendorf, Germany
Geschäftsführer / Managing directors: Dr. Frank Gleisberg, Dr. Joachim Pöthig
Amtsgericht / Lower district court: Dresden HRB 16250
Umsatzsteuer-Id: / VAT-ID: DE812508942

News / Information
https://iseg-hv.com/en/products/control#isegControl2 isegControl2 - Unified Control Software https://iseg-hv.com/en/products/detail/EHS EHS FLEX - Customize and keep the price https://iseg-hv.com/en/products/detail/EHS EHS STACK - Perfect for GEM Detectors https://iseg-hv.com/files/iseg-high-voltage-power-supplies.pdf NEW! Product catalog 2017 / 2018 released https://iseg-hv.com/en/products/detail/NHR NHR - NIM HV-Supply with reversible polarity

Links
https://www.linkedin.com/company/12726924 iseg on LINKEDIN | Let's stay connected! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5AL-ZgOqSim_1gYNnndyzQ iseg on YOUTUBE | Tutorials and more ...
https://www.twitter.com/iseg_hv iseg on TWITTER | please follow!
https://iseg-hv.com/files/iseg-high-voltage-power-supplies.pdf iseg CATALOG | download product catalog as PDF http://download.iseg-hv.com/ iseg DOWNLOADS | manuals, software, firmware and more...

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.