If you get lock-ups of Qt Creator on macOS, please open Activity Monitor,
select the Qt Creator process and trigger “Sample” from the “gear” menu. That
often contains useful information about what it currently tries to do / what it
is waiting for.
Of course best attached to a bug report ;)

Br, Eike

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 16:54, Andy <asmalo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have this issue too (macOS 10.12.6 w/Qt Creator 4.6).
>
> Usually if I just switch the editor using Option-tab it continues ok.
>
> I also get these (or something like them) when doing "Follow symbol under
> cursor" and "Rename symbol" sometimes.
>
> ---
> Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
> twitter ~ @asmaloney
>

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Jason H <jh...@gmx.com> wrote:
> I've got a pretty chronic problem of the latest creator stalling on OSX.
> I'll hit the play button, it'll say:
> 10:30:17: Running steps for project winston...
> 10:30:17: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
> 10:30:17: Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
>
> Then nothing. When I cancel the build using the red square, then it dumps a
> bunch of compiler output.
>
> It goes through periods where 50% of make invocations are stalled.

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13
D-12489 Berlin
eike.zil...@qt.io
http://qt.io
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi,
Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
144331 B