I see, suspected it had already been reported. This is just a minor issue, as removing the build directory and restarting Qt Creator fixes it for me everytime.

Keep up the good work, Qt Creator is miles ahead of any other IDE!!

Rgrds Henry

On 2018-05-17 09:18, Eike Ziller wrote:
You are hit by https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-20371 and its as
related marked reports.
A late update of the qmake parser code in Qt Creator 4.6 broke reparsing in
many cases, i.e. when you change .pro files or kit properties.
Parsing is successful when reopening the project to clean wrongly managed
caches.
We have identified the problem, though there is no patch yet, but we plan to
have that fixed in Qt Creator 4.6.2.

Br, Eike