Hi,

are you doing all these things while "in the stack trace" of the
EM::currentEditorChanged signal?
Please make sure that you are not changing the EditorManager state in
EM::currentEditorChanged with a direct connection.

Br, Eike

> Am 13.09.2023 um 15:40 schrieb Knut Petter Svendsen via Qt-creator
> <qt-creator@qt-project.org>:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm currently working on a plugin where I aim to achieve the following
> functionality:
>
> ```
> Given I open file "filename1.cpp"
> Then immediately open "filename2.cpp"
> And close "filename1.cpp" so it is not in the "open documents".
> ```
>
> I have a slot connected to
> `EditorManager::currentEditorChanged(IEditor*)`. In this slot, I perform a
> condition check and subsequently execute `EditorManager::openEditor()`
> with the other file, which works smoothly. However, when attempting to
> close the first file with
> EditorManager::closeEditors({EditorManager::currentEditor()}) (not even
> opening the second file), I encounter a segfault at
> `LanguageClient::SemanticTokenSupport::onCurrentEditorChanged`.
>
> Why is this not be functioning as expected, and I wonder if there might be
> a more effective solution?
>

> --

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10
12489 Berlin, Germany
eike.zil...@qt.io
https://qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi,
Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
144331 B