Markus Walser wrote:
> Since currently no distribution is delivering qtjambi-4.4 and I
> couldn't find an rpm, II was thinking a bit how to
> organize such a rpm structure. One basic question that raised: Would
> it be possible to use the normal qt
> libraries form "/usr/lib " instead of putting a copy of the nativ
> libraries to ".../jvm/java/jre/lib/..." ? Or may I run
> then into a java VM boundry problem?

Hi, Markus.

You should be able to run Qt Jambi against any Qt distribution as long
as the versions match and Qt Jambi is built from source against the
actual configuration of Qt against which you are running it.

However, one problem I do foresee, is that there is a bug in the JVM
causing it to crash at random when running with code that uses SSE or
MMX instructions. Therefore, to protect yourself against these crashes,
the Qt version against which you run Qt Jambi should be configured with
the options:

    -no-mmx -no-sse -no-sse2 -no-3dnow

As far as we know, this is a problem exclusive to Sun's Virtual Machine
version 1.5, so hopefully it should not occur if you use any other
implementation.

-- Eskil