Harri Porten wrote:
>> I can tell from your crash log that you are running KDE 4, and you are
>> mixing your own Qt libraries with the ones from KDE in the same
>> application.
>>

> Just curious as a client reported problems when mixing libraries: Are the
> Qt libraries used by Qt Jambi patched in a way that there are incompatible
> to the ones used for C++ development (e.g. KDE)?

They aren't patched in any way specific to Qt Jambi, but the Qt
libraries in our binary package are built with specific configuration
flags which make the resulting libraries incompatible with Qt
distributions built under a different configuration.

If anyone is experiencing problems with running Qt Jambi from the
official binary package under KDE 4, we would very much like to know
about it, because we are doing our best to avoid this, e.g. by not
deployment, they will have to take their own measures to avoid loading
KDE libraries.

If Qt Jambi is built against the same Qt libraries as KDE, you will also
be able to run Qt Jambi application against these Qt libraries, and the
application will be compatible with the KDE plugins. In this case,
however, you must be aware of the fact that Sun's JVM 1.5 has a bug that
will make it crash unless you explicitly build Qt without e.g.
SSE-instructions. You have to either deploy against a different Java run
time, or against Qt libraries that are built after the specifications
listed here:

http://doc.trolltech.com/qtjambi-4.4/html/com/trolltech/qt/qtjambi-installation.html#building-qt-jambi-from-a-source-package

There is unfortunately no way around this.

-- Eskil