Dennis Kehrig wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I hope this question hasn't been asked yet, but if so, please kindly
> point me in the right direction as to where to find the answers. Thank you!
>
> I noticed that with Qt Jambi 4.4.0, I can play MP3 files with Phonon
> just fine (using a player I wrote myself or the MediaPlayer of the Qt
> Jambi examples). With both 4.4.2 and 4.4.3, this does not work. There is
> no error message of any kind, the playback just seems to stop
> immediately, as if the file was empty. Ogg files work just fine.

Hi, Dennis.

This sounds very strange, and we have not been able to reproduce it
locally. All the codecs for supported file types are located on your
system (Phonon plugs into the framework called DirectShow to play back
media) and should not change for different versions of Qt Jambi.

Some questions:
1. Does this happen with some specific MP3-files that we could test?
2. Are you doing all your tests on the same machine?
3. Do MP3-files still work if you run your application against Qt Jambi
4.4.0 now?
4. Have you tried running the application from a console to see if there
is any output at all from the application?
5. In your own application, could you call the errorString() method on
your media object to see if it returns anything?

-- Eskil