David Conde wrote:
> I'm currently not using the native jar file as I'm setting the
> qt_plugin_path and the library override variable. I've removed the
> libgstreamer_backend.so and replaced it with the xine version into the
> plugins directory. This is currently failing to find a backend so I'm
> guessing that the xine_backend binary. Using ldd on the binary shows
> all dependencies are met. It just isn't picked up for some reason.

When you are using Qt Jambi with a deployment spec (aka the .jar file in
the binary package and the .jar file produced by running the ant script
in the source package) it makes an effort to avoid loading plugins which
are not contained in the .jar bundle. This is because people will
frequently deploy on machines that have KDE4 installed, and since the
plugins provided with KDE are most likely binary incompatible with the
Qt Jambi binaries, this would cause crashes when the plugins were being
automatically loaded into Qt Jambi applications.

You could unpack the .jar files and deploy everything from disk (you
need to set up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc for that, no magic will take
place), but as I said, you are very likely to experience crashes unless
you build everything from source, so I recommend that you do that.

-- Eskil