[...]
>> Another thing which would be nice for people like me who use an IDE is
>> that the JavaSources are in an extra-directory say "src/main/java" if
>> you want to follow the maven-naming scheme because then one can point
>> the IDE to this directory instead of the root of the project. This once
>> more makes it easier for standard java-developers to get started with
>> the project.
>>

> You can generate the .java-files into any directory you want. The
> default is to put them in the root of the project in the ant script, but
> this can be edited to put them somewhere else.

I'm not talking about the .java-Files generated but the ones I fetch
directly from git.

Today they are located in $ROOT/com but for IDE users this not nice
because now they need to tell $ROOT to be the root of the java-sources
and suddenly things like doc, dist, ... get interpreted as
java-packages, ... .

Ideally a project layout looks like this IMHO (for the Java-Part of thje
project):

ROOT
  + src
    + main
       + java
       + java_gen
       + resources
    + test
       + java
       + java_gen
       + resources

In a later point one could think about even moving the c++ stuff into
src/main/qt & src/test/qt or something like that.

Tom