On Monday 18 of January 2010 11:02:19 you wrote:

>  Do you need the explicit source of QtJambi to be able to build maven
> qtjambi applications?

No. I need qtjambi jars and qtjambi + qt tools ( juic, lupdate, lrelease ).
I have prepared and tested everything from official 4.5 .tar.gz/.zip release.

>  Well, there actually do exist a start of a build script that transforms
> source -> binary package. If you pull the latest version of the
> community-port-to-4_6 (master branch) from the repo, then you will find my
> script in scripts/packager_linux.sh

I'll take a look on it.

>  I think the optimum solution would be that we stick to the same project,
> much easier for a person that want to test the technology. But if you need
> to isolate it first for testing purposes before you integrate it, that's
> fine.

There is another thing in mind - maven artifacts needs public maven repository
to deploy to. If you need to automate all maven things into qtjambi build
scripts, you need a complete and consistend environment for this job. And
again - we haven't any yet and I think we will not anytime ( I should create
some linux + windows buildbots, but no mac ).

>From this point of view, it is much easier to do it "semi-manually" - checkout
maven stuff, download and untar/unzip qtjambi releases for different
platforms and release it into personal maven repo. Then sync local maven repo
with "public" repo and it is done.

I think it is not possible to handle all this things in "community mode" of
development.

Otherway - how often should juic,lupdate,lrelease change per development
cycle? Once per year? So that binaries should be commited into sources tree.

I think best way is to create a new project on sf for this ...

--
Dusan