From: "s...@smar.fi" <s...@smar.fi>
To: qt-jambi-interest@trolltech.com
Sent: Fri, August 20, 2010 4:49:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Qt-jambi-interest] Forum

No, we won’t.

Even this amount of developers prefers different communications methods, some
prefer mailing lists, some IRC, some maybe forums. Though forums are meant for
end users, rather than development, no one stops one from posting development
related questions there...

By this move we want to clear up the layout of different services we have.

I’m still in middle of writing getting started -pages for the
http://qtjambi.sf.net, but there is menus for library users and some resources
that are mainly meant for developers.

Even though mailing list is in User block, it does not mean that development
talk can’t take place here. Same goes for IRC. I often use IRC to brainstorm
and
find out data for bug reports, but users with questions are of course welcome
too.

There is always option to do separate channels for development, but with this
amount of traffic, it is practically pointless. That  can be looked upon after
development is getting distracted by media X.

We are also open for ideas how to enchance the community.  I hope latest
changes
at http://qtjambi.sf.net has atleast helped a bit.

--
Terveisin