I’d just write some  parser (if there is anything like boost::spirit,
wonderful) and let it to parse the UI file upon loading and hence parsing the
dataa on the fly for the UI. When you know what’s where, you can just use
traditional ways to put stuff into their places.

But those UI files are overly complex, so it is not a project one can complete
in a week.

On Thursday 04 November 2010 10:50:41 msk.conf wrote:
>   On 11/03/2010 08:48 PM, Josh Stratton wrote:
>
> I have had idea to rewrite qt binary tools into pure java to abandon
> qtjambi-specific designer a year ago. After a few days of investigation
> I decided it is too complex job for me. Then I created qtjambi-maven-plugin
> which uses these binaries directly.
>
> Going back to ${subj}, I think it is not technically impossible to
> create class
> constructing user interface from .ui files at runtime, java afaik has some
> "dark and deep and tricky" features to generate code on-the fly, but
> understanding
> the whole .ui file is very hard job and structure of that file should
> change with any
> new version of qt.
>
> --
> msk
>
> > Yes, but generating UI classes is not usually time-critical thing when
> > doing an operation as small as parsing a file--especially since it can
> > be cached.  Frameworks like hibernate still use xml files instead of
> > hardcoding that data into the app.  I mean, the ui files don't change
> > behavior really in any way, do they?  Just set some default properties
> > in general?
> >
> > If I have time, maybe I can mock up a quick factory using janino to
> > build some classes and post my results.

> >> The compiler exists for speed. Unlike with python, which is interpreted
> >> language, Java code is ”compiled” anyways, so it is only small task to ask
> >> juic task to that phase.
> >>
> >> Myself, I prefer writing the UIs by hand.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Terveisin,
> >> Samu Voutilainen
> >> http://smar.fi