On 9/23/2010 12:09 PM, ext matthieu.riot...@skf.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally succeed in making "chapter6" to run. The solution was simple
> but not obvious.
> Actually, to run .qml files, Qt Creator uses an appli called
> "qmlobserver.exe", that seems to not deal with plugins very well.
> I changed the QML appli and take the one called "qmlviewer.exe" that is
> inside Qt SDK, and everything works fine now.

Huh, sorry about this. qmlobserver is a fork of qmlviewer that we
develop within the QtCreator repo, which contains the latest
experimental debugging features. The idea to merge the changes back into
Qt at one time.

Now the problem is that this executable doesn't pick up the import
plugins from Qt, which the qmlviewer (that comes with Qt) does. But even
if we configure qmlobserver to look into the right directories, there is
a chance that it won't be able to load these plugins, e.g. because the
compilers that are used to build QtCreator and Qt differ. The Qt version
/ build environment you develop with != the Qt version / build
environment QtCreator is built with.

We were aware that this will be a problem, but so far ignored it for
ease of development. Again, sorry about this ... we'll change this soon.

Regards

Kai

--
Kai Koehne
Software Engineer

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori