Hi,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Bart Kelsey <elba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greets!
>
> Is there any way to create a modal dialog in QML, such that mouse input
> outside of the dialog box is blocked?  I've tried making a dialog with a
> MouseArea under it (which would catch mouse input and do nothing with it),
> but I can't seem to figure out how to make the MouseArea fill the entire
> screen.  Any ideas?

Conceptually something like,
// main.qml
Item {
    Dialog { // make Dialog a direct child of the main window
        anchors.fill: parent; // Dialog spans the entire window
        MouseArea { anchors.fill: parent; onClicked: opacity = 0; } //
handle outside clicks
        Rectangle { // the dialogs content
            anchors.centerIn: parent
            MouseArea { anchors.fill: parent; } // absorb clicks in
the "content" area so that it won't close the dialog
            ...your dialog's widgets...
        }
    }
}

You can expand on the above idea to use a Loader so that the Dialog
gets created lazily.

Girish