On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Viacheslav Dukalskiy
<viacheslav.dukals...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to participate in some kind of open source QML project, to
> bring something  useful to the community and learn QML in the same time :).
> The main problem I don't know what to start with, what QML community is
> and what open source projects are ongoing.
> So, do you know any projects to start contributing in there?

http://ytd-meego.googlecode.com/ could use some help. Actually a lot
of help. First I have to document the plan. And get some community
feedback on whether it is a good idea.

Summary of current thoughts:

http://appdeveloper.intel.com/en-us/node/2406
Citizen Journalism with Youtube-Direct for Meego
Submitted by Niels Mayer on 24 Nov 2010 22:15:55

This article describes the architecture and design decisions porting
the Youtube-Direct[1] handheld application for the
Iphone[2]/Android[3] to Meego, using Qt Quick/QML for the UI, and
additional C++ extensions for handling HD video capture, geotagging,
and uploading to a youtube-direct enabled website. Such sites are
primarily used for "citizen journalism" [4] by empowering users with
powerful smart phones to collect video and submit content to
participipating sites.

As http://ytd-meego.googlecode.com is a new project, the architecture
choices and prototyping effort to date will be described. The
advantages of using Qt's declarative capabilities will be explored,
describing the benefits to iterative design and prototyping that Qt
Quick can provide. However, since this application pushes the envelope
of QML's support for Multimedia capture/preview, the article will also
discuss adding QtQuick/QML support to an existing C++ digital camera
application/library (such as FCam[5]) which provides a QML-based
prototyping platform for smart-video camera applications, such as
ytd-meego.

Closing the article, some future thoughts on the possibilities
provided by the new generation of hybrid video/computing platform like
Meego on Nokia N900 or N8: with the veracity of news and video footage
always in question, such platforms can make use of existing platform
cryptography libraries which can be applied to digitally signing an
embedded timecode, geotags and other information embedded in the
video. Using cryptography, an initial "chain of custody" on the video
could be established, such as a specific certificate issued by the
news organization that ensures the platform/software/submitter of the
information are not forgeries. By watermarking digital signatures of
GPS geotags and a monotonically increasing timecode into the video,
edits, photoshopping and omissions to that video become "provable."
These are innovative uses of video that can only be enabled by having
a complete and robust mobile computing and telecommunication platform
like Meego built into the "video camera."

[1] http://youtube-direct.googlecode.com
[2] http://ytd-iphone.googlecode.com
[3] http://ytd-android.googlecode.com
[4] http://gigaom.com/video/youtube-direct-abc7/