Hello,
Is there a way to extend the input method event and input method query
handlers of QML TextInput ?

I'm trying to use TextInput on a Meego platform. The problem is lack of
integration with 'virtual keyboard'.

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off text input method features
like auto-correction, auto capitalization, etc, for TextInputs. Is there
a way to do this?

For example, the meegotouch MTextEdit supports turning off the
autocorrection by handling a input method query of type
Qt::ImCorrectionEnabledQuery in MTextEdit::inputMethodQuery.

At time of writing this message, the member function looks like this:
http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouch/libmeegotouch/blobs/master/src/corelib/widgets/mtextedit.cpp#line2450

I believe this is standardish qt way of doing this, so it shouldn't be
meegotouch specific. Just turning on input method hints for the
TextInput graphicsitem doesn't work for Meego virtual keyboard -- the
item needs to answer to the certain input method queries and events.

I can see two ways to do this with QML TextInput:
  1) Inherit from QDeclarativeTextInput
  2) Somehow workaround this by creating a focus proxy

The 1) is out of question since QDeclarativeTextInput is not a public
API nor exported.

The 2) seems like very error-prone way of achieving simple thing like
this. Will it work, has anybody used this?

Is there a simpler way to get the functionality?

Note, cross-posted to qt-components@ as this might be a hint for
expected functionality..

BR,
Kimmo