On 2010-12-03, Jason H wrote:
> Just throwing these out there...This might be out there.
> It would be cool if qmlviewer could be controlled by JS
> itself - that you could:
> - start/stop recording
> - screen shot

Brilliant idea. An excellent model for doing what you suggest
is the use of Arexx on the Amiga way back when...

 "For example, an ARexx script could extract data from a
 database, insert the data into a spreadsheet to perform
 calculations on it, then insert tables and charts based
 on the results into a word processor document."

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARexx

> I imagine an interface to the QML Menus, and qmlviewer
> plugins to extend the qmlviewer itself (not just QML)
>
> But QML is one loop and callable screenshot function
> from being a batch image watermarker. Or video too.

Care to fork qmlviewer and make a start?

I'm sure the good parts would be accepted back upstream.

--markc