Which version of Qt are you using?  There have been some fixes in PathView
which your bug may be related to.  I suggest trying the latest qt/4.7 from git.
If you still see the problem then file a bug with an example that can be used
to reproduce it (an unreliable example is better than none).

BR,
Martin.