Thanks Joona,
the initial push came from qt-components/Meego:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-components/qt-components/trees/master/src/MeeGo
which has own Action.qml implementation for the UI. Just wondering, does the
Symbian side need one as well?

The action could live in the declaration pretty nicely:
Item {
    id: parent

    Action {
        id: actionOwnedByParent
        text: "jeah!"
        icon: "icon1.jpg"

        onTriggered: {
        }
    }

    Menu ...
    Button ...
    Toolbar...
}

Although, I don't know if we want to promote action based menus/toolbars
anymore.

 -P