Well, Thunderbird ate my reply when I cancelled sending when I noticed
that I was once again replying the author and not the list...

On 12/13/2010 04:59 PM, ext Alexey Zaryanov wrote:
> Hi. I was really surprised when I saw the performance of QML
> applications on the device (n900) ( deckarative demos : twitter, rss
> etc. ). Its only about 12-15 fps. Its not smooth ! Look at any iphone apps!
> But video on youtube shows me very fast UI. What wrong ?

Short answers:

* Make sure you're using OpenGL when you do any blending, scaling or
rotating. (-opengl to qmlviewer or QGLWidget as viewport of
QDeclarativeView)

* Run fullscreen rather than maximized to avoid compositing overhead.
(-fullscreen to qmlviewer or use showFullscreen() rather than show())

Regards,
Bjørn

--
Thorbjørn Lindeijer