Hello,

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:15:42 +0100, Thorbj?rn Lindeijer
thorbjorn.lindei...@nokia.com wrote:

> Short answers:

> * Make sure you're using OpenGL when you do any blending, scaling or
> rotating. (-opengl to qmlviewer or QGLWidget as viewport of
> QDeclarativeView)

> * Run fullscreen rather than maximized to avoid compositing overhead.
> (-fullscreen to qmlviewer or use showFullscreen() rather than show())

I am also experiencing performance issues especially for scaling and
rotating. I am sub-classing a QDeclarativeView as the main widget of my
application and I have tried to utilize a QGLWidget as the viewport as
recommended (shown below).

class myView : public QDeclarativeView
{
    Q_OBJECT

public:
    // major implementation steps in constructor
    myView (QWidget *parent = 0) : QDeclarativeView(parent) {
        // setup data model
        // setup context properties
          setViewport(new QGLWidget());
        // set main QML source
    }

private:
    //my data members

private slots:
    // my private slots
};

It seems to work fine on Windows using Qt 4.7.0 (I see a slight
difference in the rendering), but the same program does not compile for
Symbian^3 using Qt 4.7.0. I get the following error:

"GL/gl.h: No such file or directory"

This error is due to the file C:\Qt\4.7.0\src\opengl\qgl.h having the
following lines (line 77-79):

# include <GL/gl.h>
# ifndef QT_LINUXBASE
#   include <GL/glu.h>