On 07/14/2012 11:52 AM, Stephen Leake wrote:

This may be "modern", but it is not convenient. It is far easier to read
several email lists in one email reader (I use Emacs Gnus), than several
web forums, because the email reader fetches all new mail at once,
presents it in a format I like (that I have customized), and most
importantly, reminds me of all the email lists I'm currently reading.

To use the forum, I have to navigate to the website, and get used to its
particular interface. Then to use another forum, I have to navigate
again, and use another UI. Repeat ... . And hope I remember which forums
to check!

The email reader also does not have annoying ads. I'd be happy to
contribute something to support the email list server, in order to avoid

I can't disagree! :-)

I hope the forum supports an email gateway, so this list is still
active. Otherwise, I will probably not be reading this list.

This is work in progress. Right now you can subscribe to the boards and will receive emails on every new topic/reply on the forum. You don't need to visit forum everyday, but still need to visit it to send reply.