Stacy,
There is no ban on Embryonic Stem Cell research
There is no ban on Private Stem Cell research
There is no ban on Stem Cell research

There is only a ban on "using federal grants" for research on all but
adult stem cell research or those embryonic stem cells harvested before
the legislation.
Private money is not a federal grant.
There has not been any breakthrough that suggests the gov should change
its funding policy.
Embryonic stem cells have many problems at this time: Causing tumors,
rejection, unforseen toxic side effects, that are not a prpblem when
using a patients own stem cells.
Kerry should be ashamed at raising false hopes by making this an issue
in the election. It is baseless.

> If those lines aren't used ever then what good is it even though it
is fertilized?  It's not being used and most of them wont be.  They
just stay frozen forever?  What kind of life is that for an embryo?
Why not use them to help for research and then the can potentially make
lives better for people with many disabilities.  It may not help you or
me or any of us for that matter, but what about future generations? A
fertilized embryo that would be frozen forever if not used for research
or more people living lives in misery.

--
It's not the fall that hurts.
Home page http://tnthompson0.tripod.com/homeincyberspace/