Just thought I would comment on smurf's postings. I for one love reading them and I too can almost "hear" the accent.  My husband and I are great supporters of public TV and they show quite a bit of britcoms ( British Comedy ), over the years I have also joined the BBC America list so I can purchase different Britcom series like "The thin blue line " and "Are you being served" and "The Vicar of Dibley" the terminology is one of the things I love.
Anyway just thought Id share that.  The "piccy" is what got me thinking of the british show's.

Penny