Thanks for explaining it for me Jim, I don't use any of the features so don't know much about them. I recently installed pro bc my school gives it for free but my scanner doesn't work with it or my cd burning software so I am going back to the home edition. I am going to keep the pro on hand though.

Thanks again,
Stacy
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Lubin
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Controlling other computers

Pro features that aren't in Home Edition

Remote Desktop - All versions of Windows XP--including Home Edition--support Remote Assistance, which is an assisted support technology that allows a help desk or system administrator to remotely connect to a client desktop for troubleshooting purposes. But Only Pro supports the new Remote Desktop feature, which is a single-session version of Terminal Services with two obvious uses: Mobile professionals who need to remotely access their corporate desktop, and remote administration of clients on a network. You can access a Windows XP Remote Desktop from any OS that supports a Terminal Services client (such as Windows 98 and, interestingly XP Home). XP Home can act as the client in a Remote Desktop session; only Pro can be the server.