I strap on ankle weights to my arm and workout.
You can get the ones you add or decrease the amount of weight you want to start with and work your way up.

Mark

-------Original Message-------

Date: 08/17/05 13:58:39
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Exercise

Hi Greg,

Have you ever tried breathing exercises?  I have learned a lot about it from the book, "Complete Breathing" by Rich Szabo.  I use what I can and try to modify the rest into something useful.  Good luck and stay strong.
With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 29 Years Post
Texas, USA

Greg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Any of you guys exercise much? I wonder if insurance will pay for one of those hand cycling things

I am trying to do a little, but I can't move my arms much. My main exercise is just lifting and or swinging my arms as long as I can before I run out of breath or can't lift my arms anymore... Usually around 30-60 seconds. I also use a long rubber strap and try stretching it. My leg bag straps are perfect. I use to get ones that were like an elastic band, but they did not stretch much. My new brand has real rubber straps that stretch a lot. I tie the ends together and then connect them to get the length I want. I hook it on a door knob, or hook it on my armrest, etc. I double it sometimes. I also try twisting around lots and fast, but that gets me dizzy.
Greg