Good luck Luke,

I'm saying prayers for you all down south.

Stacy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:24 AM
Subject: [QUAD-L] no running water, no electricity

hey all

i survived rita!  but i think the heats about to kill me.  i get my brother to toss me in the lake (filled with cold rainwater) twice a day.  the only electricity we have is a small generator that we use to power the fridge, a few fans, and the computer (as long as we have gas).  my mom is cooking with a propane grill for now.  i'm sure i have enough supplies and pills to get me through a month or so (thats how long i heard it was going to be until we get power).  i've been hearing of looting going on around my area.

i heard on the radio that the eye passed 20 miles east of us; in jasper, texas.  during the storm one tree fell on my room and across the hood of my van.  in all we had about 12 trees fall in our yard alone (tall pine trees).  there were so many trees we couldn't even see out the front door but my brother started the day after, along with some help, and now most of the front yard is clean.

 through all this i feel pretty damn good, though.
good day to all!

Luke

p.s.  it might take me awhile answer emails, i only get online every day or so.