Hey guys,

I haven't been around because my computer broke down of me.  I finally did get a lap top.  I have a guy from the health dept. that can get funding for me if I need to get rent or something paid for and he got the money for the lap top which is great because of all the time I am spending in bed. Unfortunatly the wound vac didn't help me at all.  The sore is healing from the sides but not the depth of the sore.  They just opened a wound care center here so I went because the plastic surgeon that opened up the tunnel isn't doing anything about the fact that the sore is not filling from the bottom.  They are saying could be osteomyelitis but I don't think so. There are no symptoms of an infection but I am seeing the infectious doctor there anyway to make sure.  The plastic surgeon is saying that he wants to do the flap surgery.  They did do a test and I think they are going to start the hyperbarrick chamber and see where that goes but I am very curious about the flap just to get it closed up.  What can I expect with this as far as healing time, how much longer am I going to stay in bed?  I’m gaining weight because I'm not getting any exercise in here and it's getting very depressing.  I live alone and don't have many friends left since I got sick.  The ones that I do have are married and busy with their families so I cant blame them.  I just want to get healed.  Is the flap the best way to go at this point?  Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Stacy