I do not use a joystick at all.  The factory steering wheel stays in place as does all the other controls except for the shifter lever and your climate controls.  The 6" electronic steering wheel is set up for my left hand with a tri-pin set up that my hand slides over. For the electronic gas and break I use my right hand, this also is set up with a tri-pin that my hand slides over. I push forward to stop and pull back to go.  You can have this reversed if you need to pull to stop and push to go but that is not recommended because when you are stopping your body is automatically moving forward.  The controller for the gas and break is also set up for what they call digit tone so I can turn on my blinkers, wipers, washers, headlights, horn, dome lights, high/low beams and fan speeds.  You can have this function set up different ways but mine is set up so if I twist my wrist to the left I can activate the tones.  The tones are nothing more than the eight musical scales.  I can also run each function plus putting the vehicle in gear by pushing a jellybean button with my left elbow to activate the Digi voice and all I do is talk to it then.  You can also run all the functions by use of pushing buttons on the Digi pad which is located to my right.  I cannot put the vehicle in gear with the Digi pad because you need to activate the brakes before it will shift so I have to do it by voice activation.  When I have somebody along with me, I have them put the vehicle in gear only because it's quicker.

Before you can drive, you need to move the electronic steering wheel to activate the computer because it needs to run a couple tests.  Once the test is done you need to turn the steering wheel to the left and to the right to approximately 90 degrees and to push the brakes on and pull throttle back to align the system for driving.  Once that is done you can drive just like a normal vehicle.  Physically, I am able to drive nonstop until I need my weight shift with absolute to troubles whatsoever.  The only drawback I have with this system is that I need to have my chest strap on while driving so I do not flop around.  Basically, I sit in my cockpit like Captain Kirk sits at the helm of the Enterprise.  I almost forgot, I'm locked in place with the easy locked which I disengage with the Digi pad.

Jim