Dearest Smurff,
You start getting a sense of it coming on. Yes the drugs work. They need to build up a level in your system depending on what your trying. If your not satisfied don't hesitate to tell your doctor. I've tried a bunch over the years and transitions to new drugs are the most difficult times. Keep notes about the attacks and what you remember and felt before it happened.
I wish you the very best.

john