I am amazed quadmedic. I see my doctor for a flu shot every year and let him
ask some q's. tell him about any problems. I usually e mail him about day to
day stupid stuff, perscriptions etc.
He had me do a series of x rays last fall and see how all the bones that broke
were doing after 30 years. I have intense bouts of pain and seeing as the
cartilage from midback down is largly just cartilage in name only, I figured
the pain was from that. My bones are severely decalcified and arthritic. Some
never healed very well after my accident. When I say pain, y'all do know I
don't mean what AB's talk about? I often think I could handle the pain if only
I didn't go intro convulsions and get those thrilling headaches.
I have some pills to get my blood preasure down now. I always had low blood
preasure but when I'm in pain it skyrockets
 I wondered if any of you long term quads are having these problems and finding
better solutions than vicodin and valium cocktails with a few hits of herb.
As far as quad longevity as a topic, hell, nobody expected me to live. I've had
my affairs in order for so long it's become a joke to be greeted with, "Are you
still alive?'"
Linda, as a fellow escapee from the nursing home system, I know how courageous
you had to be to leave and do it on your own. They had me so afraid of being
alone. You know, I enjoy my time alone. When I have an accident, well, there
are so many things worse than that.

john in Cincinnati, OH
31 years post, C-5