I'm sorry I respomnded so slowly. Sleeping a lot. Thank you all very much

john

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; quad-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] How Do You Read Books?

Hi All,

I am not sure if my emails are going through in response to this thread, but I
sent along two links to sites where you can read books on your computer.  One
is www.knowledgerush.com  and the other is www.pagebypage.com.

Let me know if this works, if it goes through, if anybody gets this...

Thanks,
Belle

"David K. Kelmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi John,

This Site provides free downloads of talking books through the Texas Talking
Book Program.

http://unabridged.lib.overdrive.com/D3B4303C-4616-4022-A806-379E6C7AA1ED/10/92/en/Default.htm

Contact them to see what you can do to get eligible.  I hope this helps.  Stay
strong.

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 30 Years Post

Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Naomi is right and has hit a sore point with me. Yea, I can move both arms but
my hands do not possess the dexterity needed to read and flip pages in most
books with any degree of comfort. I fumble through books I have to read but I
haven't read a book for fun in years. The books on tape is ok if you like that.
I do not. I can't just flip to a page, it is a struggle and I think something
should be done. I have read where some books may be made available on cd. I
have not seen any books on cd unless someone is reading to me again. I have a
distinct feeling that most books being printed today are being printed from
cd's and electronic media. I just don't know who to contact. I would so love to
read a book for entertainment purposes again. On my last trip to the library I
looked for some filthy paperback novels and couldn't even find one on tape.
I have this feeling that the solution to my problem is going to cost me money.

john