Hi Paul

I have flown Southwest quite a few times, and they have been excellent in
meeting my needs. I flew United twice, but as they broke my wheelchair both
times, I decided to try another airline. Oh yes, United also lost my
wheelchair for almost 10 days. We left Dallas to fly to Reno and my
wheelchair flew to Los Angeles. If a friend of mine hadn't seen my
wheelchair, going round and round with the suitcases, I don't know when I
would've gotten it back! She didn't think anything of it, except that it
looked similar to mine, when a friend told her I didn't have my chair. The
Reno office would not believe me, until I finally went to their office with
a picture of my chair-serial numbers-etc. etc.. It still took four more days
to get my chair back.

Since I use chin controller, I always take that off. My United trips taught
me to take the armrests off and duct tape them to the seat. Of course always
take your seat cushion off and put it in the overhead baggage, if there is
room.

Good luck and have fun

  _____