In a message dated 3/7/2007 1:27:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Definitely disconnect your "gell cell" batteries and have someone at  the
other end to reconnect them.
I -we flew across the country 3 times. I have to say that it  was a big
hassle for us. Fortunately, my chairs didn't end up somewhere else but  what we
did
was keep the manual back for transferring and the attendants helped  with
getting my power chair ready to stow. Disconnecting the batteries wasn't
enough,
they had to come out and be put in special boxes. I reserved the 1st  seat in
coach because my manual didn't fit any further. My husband would  transfer me
to the seat and someone would take the manual away to be stowed. We  did keep
the cushion with us. I  was 1st to get on and last to get off. I  always felt
sorry for the people behind us while they had to wait for all that
transferring but on the other hand, it was embarrassing as 'I' was the hold up.
 But we
made it without losing the chairs. These trips were before 9-11, I can't
imagine what it would be like to fly now.
Diane

http://www.aol.com.