I had a hell of a time With Internet Explorer 7 and ended up going back to
version 6.  I am still there and don't have any plans to upgrade anytime
soon.  And according to the individual that set up my initial system and
sold me the upgrade, it is best not to install Internet Explorer 7 when
usually NaturallySpeaking.
As for MSN Instant Messenger, I am still using the older version and often
end up using my trackball more than some of the other commands.
Quadius