Hi Dave,

  Whichever way things go in Iraq the US will be ready to be a part of the
action in the new Embassy that should be ready to open Sept., of this year.
Someone is planning on being there for awhile.

  With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 31 Years Post
  Texas, USA

  By ANNE GEARAN
  The Associated Press
Saturday, May 19, 2007; 12:35 PM

      WASHINGTON -- The new U.S. Embassy in Baghdad will be the world's largest
and most expensive foreign mission, though it may not be large enough or secure
enough to cope with the chaos in Iraq.

  The Bush administration designed the 104-acre compound _ set to open in
September in what today is a war zone _ to be an ultra-secure enclave. Yet it
also hoped that downtown Baghdad would cease being a battleground when
diplomats moved in.

  Over the long term, depending on which way the seesaw of sectarian division
and grinding warfare teeters, the massive city-within-a-city could prove too
enormous for the job of managing diminished U.S. interests in Iraq.

  The $592 million embassy occupies a chunk of prime real estate two-thirds the
size of Washington's National Mall, with desk space for about 1,000 people
behind high, blast-resistant walls. The compound is a symbol both of how much
the United States has invested in Iraq and how the circumstances of its
involvement are changing.

  The 21-building complex on the Tigris River was envisioned three years ago
partly as a headquarters for the democratic expansion in the Middle East that
President Bush identified as the organizing principle for foreign policy in his
second term.

  The complex quickly could become a white elephant if the U.S. scales back its
presence and ambitions in Iraq. Although the U.S. probably will have forces in
Iraq for years to come, it is not clear how much of the traditional work of
diplomacy can proceed amid the violence and what the future holds for Iraq's
government.

  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070519/worlds-largest-embassy

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
          this 'war' has been going on for over 3,000 years. it isn't about to
stop now.
  it will only change - the 'us' and 'them' are still us and them...
  only the tactics are different.   this will continue until HE comes and
  settles it with his "velvet hammer" !!!
  dave

  In a message dated 5/22/2007 6:27:26 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL