I have met some of the most kind individuals since I have been in a chair
also, but I have experienced my share of discrimination.  When I was eight
years younger, I used to get all those wonderful smiles from the ladies, but
that doesn't happen any longer.  However, for the most part I am usually
given the respect I deserve and try my best not to let individuals trounce
upon my rights.  It is a long and hard struggle to make sure that people see
the individual and not just the individual in the chair.

I have been fortunate enough not to come across too many gang bangers in
their own territory, but whenever I encounter them in the mall or another
areas, I have always been polite and they have always reciprocated.  Then
again, Tampa is not nearly as bad as some other areas in the country, even
though we have our share of gangs.

In my personal experience I have found it beneficial to simply bid a good
day to everyone I encounter on the street.  So far I haven't been robbed or
thrown out of my chair, but that could change.  Let me keep my fingers
crossed that it doesn't.
Quadius