Hi Dave,

  I'd like to set my USB external hard drive to backup my lapetop everyday.  I
use xp but don't really like the xp backup.  Any ideas would be nice.

  With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 31 Years Post
  Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        i use the external usb connected hard drive for back ups.  it's
unplugged most of the time and in operation only during back ups - oh yes and
recovery once in a while.  i use a few xcopy commands on my xp machine and
'robocopy' commands on my VISTA (don't upgrade - it's crap.)  put the commands
in a bat file on your bu drive and most importantly.... keep all important data
on your active system in one directory...  like c:\cbu or c:\mine or c:\data.
you'll also want to grab favorites.  i can provide details to anyone interested.
  dave

  In a message dated 9/11/2007 3:38:42 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL