Hi Joan,

  Congratulations!  Congratulations on your 17th anniversary, but more
importantly on your wonderful outlook on life.  You do yourself, and all that
follow, a great service!

  With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 31 Years Post
  Texas, USA

Joan Anglin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
                Hi to all of you. I have shared in so many of your
anniversaries, that I hope you will share in mine. Most of you are far younger
than I, but we all share many of the same issues, and age is not always a
factor. God bless all of you who have so much advice to give and are so willing
to share your trials, tribulations, and joy.

  Monday, October 15th will be my celebration of 17 years as a quad. Why
celebration? Because I still am here, able to enjoy my family and friends, in
relatively good health, and more than thankful that God has allowed me to have
all these years.
  I just attended my 50th high school reunion, and at 68 years young discovered
that 20% of our class had already passed on. How lucky I am that as a C4 quad I
am still here!
  Would I voluntarily choose to be a quad-obviously no. Would I choose to be a
quad over death-obviously yes. So taking that as a given, I will be celebrating
on October 15th. I was 51 when I was injured, it just took one short step
backwards off of the 10 foot scaffold and my life was changed forever. I
consider myself one of the lucky ones, I had already lived a very full life,
and had a full circle of family and friends to support me.
  That is not to say that life was rosy from then on, my marriage did not last
and after three years I was single again. Big adjustment J. My youngest
daughter was only 15, and she came to Santa Clara to learn how to take care of
me, and that in itself was good and bad. Good in that she cared so much, and
bad because it changed our mother daughter relationship. It took a few years
for us to find our balance and regain our mother daughter relationship. My
youngest son died five years ago, and he was one of the rocks in my life that I
could count on, and I still miss him today
  I help my daughter to home school her children, four, eight, and 10, and they
in turn help me with everyday living. Does Grams want a drink-can I have one
also Grams? My feet are a very convenient place to sit, my lap is a good place
to sit upon for a snuggle, and it’s a whole lot quicker to ride on the back of
Gramm’s wheelchair than it is to walk!
  Do I wish that I could hug my grandchildren and my great grandchild? Oh yes I
do. However, God has allowed me these extra precious years, and I hope I will
continue to have many more years and milestones.
  I hope that each of you on this list of broken down bodies J can also find
some joy in each day and in your own way celebrate the life that you are still
living. For me, this life is infinitely better than not living at all.
  Joan C4 complete 1990

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:22 AM