Hey Dave!

Like my original e-mail stated... I definitely fell into the category of
qualified Medicare recipients.  Especially since Medicare is *my only*insurance!
Your first e-mail telling us about the program is what prompted me to make
the phone call to inquire.  I wonder why the lady would tell me that it was
only being done in three states?  Hmmmm.... if I think of it and have those
few extra minutes... I will call the number in Arizona as well as the lady I
spoke to.  Just to find out what stories I am being told.

I think it was John (yes it was) that commented on the caliber of visiting
physicians.  I would most definitely want the same physician as a major
priority!  Otherwise it is folly and you fall through the cracks.  Along
with everything else that John said.

I have had one experience with a visiting physician and it was during
the first six months aftert we moved here to Arizona.  I had a very bad
wound going on and was unable to get up on my own doctor's examination
table.  So somehow I found out about this visiting physician.

I remember him coming with a nurse and taking **a slight glance (and I mean
a very slight glance)  at the wound that was embedded so far up into the
crack.  He looked at it for about two seconds and not even up close!   The
only way he really helped me was by seeing that we needed help in the home
badly and there was a home health agency nurse that came out to admit me
quite quickly.  So he was the impetus for finding my first home health
agency here.  Up until that point... my husband and my step daughter were
getting me up and around before my husband left for work and my step
daughter left for school.

But as far as a visiting doctor... he was worthless.  It was not long after
that that I called back to see if they still did house calls but it was
discontinued.  I can't recall the story I was told but he was like one of
the only ones in town (of 700,000 people) and he moved or whatever.

Again, John summed it up very, very well.  And, again, I need a doctor that
"knows me" and I surely do not want to have to worry about who or what is
coming in my door.  Thank God I have a wonderful urologist because when the
home health agency nurse was not able to get my catheter in on August
13... my Uro was right there in the office to contact as to what to do.  It
was a very frightening experience because it was the first after 28 years!
She knew everything about me by my outpatient surgery with her as well as
many visits and what was going on with my body.  She met me in the emergency
room and got the catheter right in.  *Neither the ER doctor or the nurse I
was assigned to was any help whatsoever*.  In fact, if I was just left in
their care any longer I would have been in full-blown AD.

Thanks for the extra information however!  I will let you know what I find
out.

Lori Michaelson

C4/5 complete quad, 28 years post

Tucson, AZ