I have had diverticulitis for sometime (10 yrs or so)  My doctor at the time
was medicating me for ulcerative colitis, and IBS... After more testing they
also found the diverticula sacs that were inflamed.  I was put on pain meds for
a while and given a long list of "not to eat " foods, however I have found
that it varies from person to person.  Things I try and avoid are bagels with
the seeds, peas, corn, pop corn, different jams that contain seeds.  I have
also
been told that the ulcerative colitis and IBS go hand in hand with
diverticular disease.  I was also on Zelnorm for quite sometime, and it did
seem to
help.  Now days, I take bulk fiber when needed, watch the things I eat.  On
occasion when I have a flare up I take aloe juice, and activated charcoal
tablets.
I have been told that stress and  antibiotics sometimes are found to be the
cause.  I do know that in my own experience stress plays a major factor.

Penny