I totally agree with you on our need to eliminate our dependence on foreign
oil.  I hear people complaining about the cost of gas, and they do nothing to
cut their fuel consumption.  We had better wake-up to the fact that as long as
we continue to use it like we do, the price of fuel will remain high.

  CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 32 Years Post
  Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

  OK,  I'll buy the fact that US demand is down ( although it's tough to tell
driving anywhere anytime out on our streets) but keep in mind that there are a
BILLION Chinese and another BILLION in India all starting to "really dig" this
driving a car/truck thing.  The newly emancipated Russians are wanting to drive
more as well.  We REALLY need to eliminate our dependence on foreign oil.
Eliminating dependence on ALL oil is the real answer.  I could live with an
electric van easily, I'm never more that 10 or 15 miles from home anyway.  We
really need to get serious.
AZDAVE

  David K. Kelmer
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 08:16:55 -0700

  I found this from an article in BusinessWeek to be interesting.  I listen to
  the Ed Wallace show, Wheels, Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on 570 KLIF AM
in
  Dallas, and he is good about getting his facts right.

      CtrlAltDel aka Dave
  C4/5 Complete - 32 Years Post
    Texas, USA

    http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/apr2008/bw2008041_945564.htm

    2. Demand Is DOWN, Yet Prices Are UP

    Just so we can all get on the same page, here are the verifiable facts on
oil
  supplies, production, and gasoline demand.
    In January of this year, the U.S. used 4% less petroleum than we did a year
  ago. (Oil demand was down 3.2% in February.) Furthermore, demand has been
  falling slowly since July of last year. Ronald Bailey of Reason Online has
  pointed out that worldwide production of oil has risen 2.5% in the first
  quarter, while worldwide demand has grown by only 2%.  Production is expected
  to increase by 3.3% in the second quarter, and by as much as 4.1% by the
third
  quarter. The net result is that the U.S. daily buffer for oil production
  against demand, which was a paltry 1.5 million barrels as recently as 2005,
is
  now up to 3 million barrels in excess capacity today."

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
    "The price of gas didn't go up during the last six weeks."    REALLY?
Where
  are you, I'm moving.  Our gas is shooting up like a rocket.  I still drive
  unnecessary trips - I guess 3.50 gas is STILL cheap to many.  Look at all the
  mondo trucks still blowing us off the road.  At. $10/gal, I'll cut out the
  fluff.
  AZDAVE