I am subscribed to the biweekly electronic newsletter MEDICARE WATCH and so
should most people rather than getting it from here.  It is usually just a
bunch of bureaucracy but this one caught my eye.

*Notice #3 below* regarding nursing homes.  91% is a huge number and might
as well be 100%.  Further, notice that the nursing homes were only "cited"
for Deficient Care rather than having anything done about it other than a
slap on the wrist.

Then, look at #4 where the topic is --* MEDICARE STOPS PAYING HOSPITALS FOR
MEDICAL ERRORS.  *

*It SHOULD READ or SAY* "Medicare Stops Paying Hospitals for Medical Errors
*AND* Hospitals Will Not Be Allowed to go after the patient for ANY
balances."
If ALL that occurred (to protect the patient) -- hospitals would probably
not want to take Medicare patients.  But since it is federal I don't think
they would be allowed to do that.

In any case, what I added above Re: #4 -- it should be recognized and
included in the Medicare policy.  But apparently it is not.

Sometimes it is so laughable to read "A Patient's Bill of Rights." I know
they hang on the walls of assisted living facilities and probably on nursing
home walls as well but as you can see above -- that is a joke.

Lori

--
Lori
C4/5 complete quad, 27 years post