I feel like Lori. I have also had more chairs but I hate all the tweaking you
go through when you have to replace a chair. My chair looks like it has been on
a long ugly road, but I'm use to it. I have seen 25 year old Peremobiles. I
have no idea how to get one with CMS. I may wind up replacing a TDX3 with a
TDX3. It is as if they don't learn. They buy cheap junk and have no idea why it
doesn't last as long as one that costs more from Europe. My chair is over 10500
hours but has only read it has gone 4 miles for about a year. It was up to 2200
miles before it freaked out. they have me on a 2 month waiting list to see a PT
that just retweaked the orthopedics on my old chair. Can't we just skip on down
to ORDER THE DAMN CHAIR! Is there a rule that it has to take 6 months to a
year. Have any of you had a chair that eats batteries? I think it began when
the electronic odometer screwed up.
I do not feel I have been ripped, but chairs have improved. The people I work
with, DME, CRT, OT, and PT are all pretty good at making sure I get a
combination of what I need and what CMS pays for. I definitely don't sign jack
unless what they have is right.
Don't be afraid to ask them to put on a MyDesc desktop or power out system.
That runs my bed and tv when the power goes out so definitely hold out for the
biggest batteries you can get and if you don't fly, you do not need gell cells.
maintenence free deep cycles is all you need with the most amp hours you can
get in the size you want.

john