The only thing I can tell you is to get off your tail bone.  Talk to the VA
and see if it's possible for you to get a low air loss mattress.  I had a
friend of mine who was able to get one from them, but every VA is different.

If you have problems like I do, you need to make sure you're taking
something to loosen the secretions in your chest.  Talk to your doctor about
the generic form of guaifenesin.  It works wonders for me, but you have to
drink quite a bit of fluid.

Take care and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.  I might be
able ask some of my acquaintances here about your situation.

--
Quadius
C2-3 incomplete